5 Actions to maximize the success of the engagement implementation phase
Action 1: Create psychological safety
- How will we ensure that participants feel like they can openly contribute to the engagement?
- How will we ensure interpersonal trust and mutual respect throughout the engagement?
Action 2: Make decisions together
- How, exactly, will we reach decisions (e.g., voting, consensus)?
- How do we define a “vote” or “consensus”?
Action 3: Embrace and transform conflict
- How will we respond to conflict?
- What approach will we take to move through conflict?
Action 4: Feed/close the feedback loop
- How will we keep stakeholders informed of the outcomes of the engagement activity
Action 5: Evaluate engagement
- How will we troubleshoot engagement challenges to get our engagement activity or approach back on course?
- How will we take stock of our learnings around engagement?